Thursday, May 1, 2008

Rice tastes good!

So this post is already getting off topic but I came across a site this week called FreeRice.com and now I'm totally hooked. Basically you start playing by guessing the definition of SAT words. If you get it right, you get a harder word and they donate 20 grains of rice to the UN World Food Program.

Right now my "score" is up to 2460 grains, which will be distributed to hungry people everywhere. I love this idea to make a website which actually makes you learn new vocab and then contributes to a worthy cause through the use of banner ads. Here's what it looks like:



Everyone take a few minutes to go online and check it out! Love & hugs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KT my friend Karla has her English classes do this if they finish their work early. It looks pretty cool hekd