I saw this yummy recipe in a Daily Candy email and want to try it out!
Asparagus, Marcona Almond, and Feta Salad
¼ c. white wine vinegar
¼ c. sugar
1 small red onion, peeled, halved, and sliced thin
20 asparagus spears, trimmed
2 tbsp. lemon juice (divided)
3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ c. Marcona almonds, lightly toasted and chopped
1 head frisee lettuce, torn
¼ c. feta cheese, crumbled
1. In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar and sugar. Add the onion and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours, mixing every 20 minutes. Drain the pickled onions and set aside.
2. Bring pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the asparagus until tender (3-5 minutes). Immediately plunge asparagus into an ice-water bath until fully chilled.
3. Place the asparagus in a bowl. Toss with 1 tbsp. lemon juice and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
4. In another bowl, combine almonds, frisee, feta, and pickled onions. Toss with remaining lemon juice and olive oil.
5. To assemble, arrange 5 spears in the center of each plate. Divide the rest of the salad equally on top of the asparagus.
6. Serve. Savor. Stay tuned for spring.